- 330 North Orchard Street
- Madison WI 53715
- Room 4245A
- B.Sc., Management Engineering, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
- M.Sc., Management Engineering, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
- Ph.D., in Operations Research, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
Carla Michini’s research focuses on different topics in combinatorial optimization, polyhedral combinatorics and integer programming, and spans both theoretical and algorithmic issues. She is particularly concerned with the study of structural properties of some combinatorial problems, as the stable set problem. Besides these theoretical questions, she is also interested in practical applications of optimization to machine learning and data mining.
- Carla Michini. On the strength of the cycle relaxation for the boolean quadric polytope. Submitted for publication, 2016.
- Alberto Del Pia, Michael Ferris and Carla Michini. Totally unimodular congestion games. Submitted for publication, 2015.
- Alberto Del Pia and Carla Michini. On the diameter of lattice polytopes. To appear in Discrete & Computational Geometry, 2016.
- Utz-Uwe Haus and Carla Michini. Compact representations of all members of an independence system. To appear in Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 2016.
- Utz-Uwe Haus and Carla Michini. Representations of all solutions of a Boolean programming problem. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics, 2014.
- Carla Michini and Antonio Sassano. The Hirsch conjecture for the fractional stable set polytope. Mathematical Programming, 147(1):309–330, 2013.
- Carla Michini. The stable set problem: some structural properties and relaxations. 4OR, 11(2):199–200, 2013.
- Gérard Cornuéjols, Carla Michini, and Giacomo Nannicini. How tight is the corner relaxation? Insights gained from the stable set problem. Discrete Optimization, 9(2):109–121, 2012.
- Claudio Carpineto, Carla Michini, and Raffaele Nicolussi. A concept lattice-based kernel for SVM text classification. ICFCA ’09, pp. 237–250, 2009.
Tools for Discovery: Carla Michini (3/23/2017)