Years at WID2010 - present2015
- B.S., University of Chicago
- M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Postdoctoral Fellow, California Institute of Technology
Includes scalable computational tools based on convex optimization and randomized algorithms for large-scale data analysis system identification and machine learning.
Editorial Board: Journal of Machine Learning Research.
- Blind Deconvolution using Convex Programming. Ali Ahmed, Benjamin Recht, and Justin Romberg. Submitted for publication. 2012.
- Alterations in Cerebrospinal Fluid Proteins in a Presymptomatic Primary Glioma Model. John C. Whitin, Taichang Jang, Milton Merchant, Tom T-S. Yu, Kenneth Lau, Benjamin Recht, Harvey J. Cohen, and Lawrence Recht. PLoS ONE 7(11): e49724. 2012.
- Query Complexity of Derivative-Free Optimization. Kevin Jamieson, Robert D. Nowak and Benjamin Recht. To Appear in NIPS 2012.
- Compressed Sensing off the Grid. Gongguo Tang, Badri Bhaskar, Parikshit Shah, and Benjamin Recht. 2012.
- Factoring nonnegative matrices with linear programs. Victor Bittorf, Benjamin Recht, Christopher Re, and Joel A. Tropp. To Appear in NIPS 2012.
- Linear System Identication via Atomic Norm Regularization. Parikshit Shah, Badri Narayan Bhaskar, Gongguo Tang, and Benjamin Recht. To Appear in CDC 2012.
- Security Analysis of Smartphone Point-of-Sale Systems. WesLee Frisby, Benjamin Moench, Benjamin Recht, and Thomas Ristenpart. In Proceedings of WOOT 2012.
- Decomposition Methods for Large Scale LP Decoding. Siddharth Barman, Xishuo Liu, Stark Draper, and Benjamin Recht. 2012.
- Atomic norm denoising with applications to line spectral estimation. Badri Narayan Bhaskar, Gongguo Tang, and Benjamin Recht. 2012.
- Beneath the Valley of the Noncommutative Arithmetic-Geometric Mean Inequality: Conjectures, Case Studies, and Consequences. Benjamin Recht and Christopher Re. In Proceedings of COLT. 2012.