Brian Yandell grew up in California but has lived in Wisconsin now for most of his life.
- BS,Mathematics, Caltech
- MA,Statistics, UC-Berkeley
- PhD,Biostatistics, UC-Berkeley
Yandell's research is primarily in systems genetics, including causal models and gene mapping (QTL), but more broadly using R for reproducible research and scaling up projects in data science. He collaborates widely with researchers across multiple disciplines.
- Plant Breeding & Plant Genetics
- Biometry Program (Director)
- Thomas J. Watson, Jr., Fellow 1974-75
- Evelyn Fix Memorial Medal 1982