- BS, Chemistry, University of Kansas-Lawrence
- PhD. Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison
James Dowell's research is focused on the application of mass spectrometry-based proteomics to the identification of novel mechanisms of chromatin remodeling. Specifically, Dowell is developing novel proteomics methodologies to identify histone post-translational modifications and decipher their role in chromatin remodeling.
Society for Neuroscience (SFN)
- American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education Fellow, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2006-2008
- Mern Kier Fellowship in Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002-2003
- Honors Program, University of Kansas, 1992-1998