Microbial Genomics, Metagenomics, and Human Microbiomics
Years at WID2018 - present
Jeyaprakash Rajendhran was raised in a rural area of India and he is presently working as an Assistant Professor of Microbiology at Madurai Kamaraj University. He is at Wisconsin Insitute for Discovery as an ASM Indo-US Research Professor.
EducationPh.D Microbiology, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India
- Madurai Kamaraj University
- Association of Microbiologists of India
- Biotech Research Society of India
- American Society for Microbiology
- ASM IUSSTF Indo-US Research Professor - 2018
- Travel Grant Award from Osaka University, Japan - 2017
- SBS-MKU Genomics Award - Biotech Research Society, India (BRSI) - 2014
- UGC-Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research in USA - 2013
- Young Scientist Award - Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI) – 2007.
- Jayashree S, Karthikeyan R, Nithyalakshmi S, Ranjani J, Gunasekaran P, Rajendhran J (2018) Anti-adhesion Property of the Potential Probiotic Strain Lactobacillus fermentum 8711 Against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Front Microbiol 9:411.
- Vishnu US, Sankarasubramanian J, Gunasekaran P and Rajendhran J (2017) Identification of potential antigens from non-classically secreted proteins and designing novel multitope peptide vaccine candidate against Brucella melitensis through reverse vaccinology and immunoinformatics approach. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 55: 151-158
- Sankarasubramanian J, Vishnu US, Khader LKMA, Sridhar J Gunasekaran P and Rajendhran J (2016) BrucellaBase: Genome information resource. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 43: 38-42
- Pushpanathan M, Pooja S, Gunasekaran P and Rajendhran J (2016) Critical Evaluation and compilation of physicochemical determinants and membrane interactions of MMGP1 antifungal peptide. Molecular Pharmaceutics 13: 1656-1667
- Sankarasubramanian J, Vishnu US, Dinakaran V, Sridhar J, Gunasekaran P and Rajendhran J (2016) Computational prediction of secretion systems and secretomes of Brucella: identification of novel type IV effectors and their interaction with host. Molecular Biosystems 12: 178 - 190
- Pooja S, Pushpanathan M, Gunasekaran P and Rajendhran J (2015) Endocytosis‒‒mediated invasion and pathogenicity of Streptococcus agalactiae in rat cardiomyocyte (H9C2). PLOS ONE 10: e0139733
- Rajendhran J, Shankar M, Dinakaran V, Rathinavel A and Gunasekaran P (2013) Contrasting circulating microbiome in cardiovascular disease patients and healthy individuals. International Journal of Cardiology 168:118–5120
- Rajendhran J and Gunasekaran P (2008) Strategies for accessing soil metagenome for desired applications. Biotechnology Advances 26: 576-590.