Víctor Blanco is an Associate Professor in Quantitative Methods for Economics & Business at the Universidad de Granada (Spain) in a 1-year sabbatical at UW-Madison.
- BS, Mathematical Sciences, Universidad de Granada
- MS, Mathematics (mention in Algebra), Universidad de Granada
- PhD, Operations Research, Universidad de Sevilla
His research has focused in a wide variety of topics related to Mathematical Optimization, such as Logistics & Transportation, Data Science, Computational Algebra or Algorithmic with more than 40 papers published in top OR journals, including Mathematical Programming, European Journal of Operations Research, Computers & Operations Research, Omega, Fuzzy Sets & Systems and Advances in Data Analysis and Classification. He has been interested both in the theoretical and applied aspects of Mathematical Programming. He is the PI of several (local, regional, and national) research projects and has collaborated on different industrial contracts. He has carried several research stays at internationally recognized research centers like the Institute of Mathematics & its application (IMA, University of Minnesota), the University of British Columbia, the University of California-Davis and the University of Edinburgh. He is currently an active member of the Spanish Stats & OR Society (SEIO), the Spanish Network on Location Analysis and Related Problems (REDLOCA), and the Institute of Mathematics of the Universidad de Granada (IMAG).
- Dpt. Quantitative Methods for Economics & Business, Universidad de Granada
- Institute of Mathematics (IMAG), Universidad de Granada
- Institute of Mathematics (IMUS), Universidad de Sevilla
- Spanish Society of Stats & OR (SEIO)
- Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. Honorary Professor (Aug 2022-Aug 2023).