Systems Programmer, Living Environments Laboratory
- 330 North Orchard Street
- Madison WI 53715
- Room B1144
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
While at Minnesota, Ross Tredinnick’s primary research centered on combining the study of Virtual Environments and Computer Graphics with Architecture and Design. Through his work at the University of Minnesota, Tredinnick gained experience programming with a variety of Virtual Reality devices and displays such as HMD’s, tracking systems, wands, multi-projection, and dome-based displays. Since graduating from Minnesota, he spent more than five years as a technology programmer in the video games industry working at Human Head Studios in Madison and Destineer Studios in Minneapolis. In his spare time, Tredinnick enjoys camping, cooking, gardening, running and following Wisconsin sports teams. He is excited to be involved in collaborative research at the University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Virtual Reality
- 3D User Interfaces
- Computer Graphics
- 3D Modeling and 3D Design Tools
- Game Development Pipelines
- Scientific Visualization
2012 Winners of the WARF Discovery Challenge Poster Symposium,Volumetric visualization of dynamic time varying data, Ponto, K., Roy, C. and Tredinnick, R.
- Chen, K.B.; Ponto K.; Tredinnick Ross D.; Radwin, Robert G.; “Virtual Exertions: Evoking the Sense of Exerting Forces in Virtual Reality Using Gestures and Muscle Activity”. Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 2014
- K. Ponto, J. Kohlmann, and R. Tredinnick. Dscvr: designing a commodityhybrid virtual reality system. Virtual Reality, pages 1–14, 2014.
- Tredinnick, R.; Suplinski, C.; Vanderheiden, J.; Madsen, J., “CAVE Visualization of the IceCube Neutrino Detector” Virtual Reality, 2014 IEEE Conference, April 2014
- Ponto, K.; Chen, K..; Tredinnick, R..; Radwin, R., “Assessing Exertions: How an increased level of immersion unwittingly leads to more natural behavior.” Virtual Reality, 2014 IEEE Conference, April 2014
- Nicolalde, F.D.; Freese, V.; Ponto, K.; Tredinnick, R.; Kinneberg, M.; “Applying Kanban to Healthcare via Immersive 3D Virtual Reality”. 3D User Interfaces (3DUI), 2014 IEEE Symposium on, March 2014.
- Radwin, Robert G; Chen, Karen B; Ponto, Kevin; Tredinnick, Ross D; “Virtual Exertions Physical Interactions in a Virtual Reality CAVE for Simulating Forceful Tasks”. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. 57, 1, 967-971 2013. SAGE Publications.
- Tredinnick, R.; Ponto, K, “Poster: Say It To See It: A Speech Based Immersive Model Retrieval System” 3D User Interfaces (3DUI), 2013 IEEE Symposium on, 181-182, March 2013
- Ponto, K.; Tredinnick, R.; Bartholomew, A.; Roy, C.; Szafir, D.; Greenheck, D.; Kohlmann, J. “SculptUp: A Rapid Immersive 3D Modeling Environment”. 3D User Interfaces (3DUI), 2013 IEEE Symposium on, 199-200, March 2013
- Tredinnick R.; Anderson, L.; Ries, B.; Interrante,V.(2006) “A Tablet Based Immersive Architectural Design Tool”, Synthetic Landscapes [Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA)], pp. 328-340.