NEW: WID is looking for partners to support our risky, interdisciplinary laboratory of discovery.
By giving $1,000 or more today to the WID Sense of Community Fund,
you can become a founding member of the WID100.
The Wisconsin Institute for Discovery is a research institute on the campus of the University of Wisconsin–Madison built to develop a new approach to science driven by unlikely collaborations and the greatest research minds from across the campus and the world.
From the WID Director:
Your gift furthers WID’s investment in:
- Highly original, collaborative science, ranging from data science and complex systems to tissue engineering, nanomedicine, and multi-omics research.
- Undergraduate and graduate fellowships, which provide rigorous systems of thinking to students working on interdisciplinary problems
- In-residence scholars, artists, and professionals who bring radical new ideas and a breadth of perspective to the WID community
- Events and lectures geared at bridging the gaps among disciplines, industries, and the public
- Skill-oriented workshops that promote a greater public understanding of science and new tools for 21st-century professions
- Partnership programs across campus, focusing on new approaches to interdisciplinarity, collaboration, and life-long education
For questions about gift options or to learn more about becoming a supporter of WID, contact Beth Misco.