WID unites creative minds focused on scientific projects and ideas by generating novel combinations of academics and collaborations. The Discovery Fellows program seeks to establish research collaborations with faculty of exceptional ability in order to expand the scope of research and promote WID’s core vision and mission.
- bring new forms of academic excellence to the WID research community.
- expand WID’s research base with novel research projects and ideas.
- engage with the WID community and strengthen our ties with the rest of the UW campus.
- reach out to our colleagues around the world and bringing them to WID for collaborations, symposia, and events.
- help WID identify areas in which WID can have a significant impact.
Appointments to the Discovery Fellows program are by nomination only. Contact Manny Turrubiartes with questions about the Discovery Fellows program.
Claude Bernard Professor of Biomedical Engineering, John D. MacArthur Professor
Investigating cellular scale phenomena from both a physical and biological sciences perspective
Entrepreneurship, including firm formation, venture finance, and university driven entrepreneurship
Neurodevelopmental mechanisms of stress and mental illness in youth
Molecular analysis of the developmental regulation and virulence of protozoan parasites
Ramya Korlakai Vinayak
My research broadly spans the areas of Machine Learning, Statistical Inference, and Crowdsourcing.
Professor and Department Chair
Models and Algorithms for Large-Scale Numerical Optimization
Design of methods for solving discrete and stochastic optimization problems.
Katherine (Trina) McMahon
Engineering platforms to regulate human pluripotent stem cell differentiation