Jon is an avid amateur cyclist. He enjoys talking entrepreneurship while cycling with students, alumni, and fellow faculty up and down the rolling hills of South Central Wisconsin. He is also a veteran of the United States Army, and is a cofounder of gener8tor, a top ranked business accelerator and seed investment fund.
- BS, Economics, Pennsylvania State University
- PhD, Business, University of Maryland at College Park
I study various aspects of entrepreneurship including venture finance, the use of information in entrepreneurship, the interface between public (non-profit) and commercial entrepreneurship, detection of innovators and entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurship theory. My most recent work is focused on fostering academic entrepreneurship.
- Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship
- Initiative for Studies in Transformational Entrepreneurship
- Pyle Bascom Professor in Business Leadership
- Schulze Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship, Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation
- Wisconsin Naming Gift Distinguished Service Award
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Kauffman Faculty Fellow