Bridging engineering and life sciences for manufacturing of cell-/tissue-based therapeutic products
Years at WID2010 - present
- B.S., National Taiwan University
- M.S., Cornell University
- Ph.D., Cornell University
- Injection molding and innovative plastics manufacturing processes
- Bio-based polymers and tissue engineering scaffolds
- Microcellular injection molding (MuCell process)
- Nanocomposites and electro-active polymers (EAP’s)
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE) and numerical simulation
- Design and process optimization
- Intelligent injection molding control
- Material characterization for plastics and metals
- Net-shape die casting using semi-solid alloys
- Internet-based collaboration for design and manufacturing
- Kuo K. and Cindy F. Wang Professor, 2016
- Vilas Distinguished Achievement Professor, 2014.
- Plastics Educator of the Year Award, Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Milwaukee Section, 2015.
- Honored Service Member Award, Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), 2014.
- Engineer of the Year Award, Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Injection Molding Division, 2011.
- Chair Award, Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), Injection Molding Division, 2009.
- Fellow, Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), 2008 – present.
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2008 – present.
- Best paper awards, Society of Plastics Engineers Annual Technical Conference, 1992, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Best paper award, International Conference on Advanced Forming Technology and Material Processing, 2006
- Best paper award, International Conference on Education and Information Systems, 2003
- Liu Memorial Award for academic achievement and leadership, Cornell University, 1986
- 3M Faculty Award, 2003 and 2004