Optimization algorithms with applications to data analysis and other areas.
- BS, First Class Honors, University of Queensland
- PhD, University of Queensland
Interests include: Numerical optimization, especially problems involving real (as opposed to integer or discrete) variables. Interest includes theory, algorithms, implementation and application.
- Past Chair, Mathematical Optimization Society
- Member, Board of Trustees of SIAM
- George B. Dantzig Professor of Computer Sciences
- Sheldon B. Lubar Chair of Computer Sciences
- Amar and Balinder Sohi Professor of Computer Sciences