Years at WID2014 - present
- B.Sc., Management Engineering, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
- M.Sc., Management Engineering, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
- Ph.D., in Operations Research, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy
Dr. Michini's research is motivated by the practical relevance of combinatorial optimization and integer programming in real-world problems, and it is triggered by applications in various fields, ranging from machine learning to power systems, and from network design to congestion in competitive settings. Her goal is to exploit the polyhedral structure of many combinatorial problems that arise in practice to design efficient algorithms for their solution. On the theoretical side, she is interested in fundamental questions concerning the geometry and the combinatorial structure of polyhedra, and in the computational complexity of combinatorial problems in optimization and game theory.
- Carla Michini. On the strength of the cycle relaxation for the boolean quadric polytope. Submitted for publication, 2016.
- Alberto Del Pia, Michael Ferris and Carla Michini. Totally unimodular congestion games. Submitted for publication, 2015.
- Alberto Del Pia and Carla Michini. On the diameter of lattice polytopes. To appear in Discrete & Computational Geometry, 2016.
- Utz-Uwe Haus and Carla Michini. Compact representations of all members of an independence system. To appear in Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 2016.
- Utz-Uwe Haus and Carla Michini. Representations of all solutions of a Boolean programming problem. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics, 2014.
- Carla Michini and Antonio Sassano. The Hirsch conjecture for the fractional stable set polytope. Mathematical Programming, 147(1):309–330, 2013.
- Carla Michini. The stable set problem: some structural properties and relaxations. 4OR, 11(2):199–200, 2013.
- Gérard Cornuéjols, Carla Michini, and Giacomo Nannicini. How tight is the corner relaxation? Insights gained from the stable set problem. Discrete Optimization, 9(2):109–121, 2012.
- Claudio Carpineto, Carla Michini, and Raffaele Nicolussi. A concept lattice-based kernel for SVM text classification. ICFCA ’09, pp. 237–250, 2009.