Years at WID2012 - present
Ross Tredinnick (pronounced: Tre-din-nick) is a fourth generation Madison native and a sixth generation Wisconsinite. Prior to working at WID, Ross worked in the video game development industry for six years as a technology programmer. In his spare time, Tredinnick enjoys camping, cooking, gardening, running, playing slow pitch softball, and following Wisconsin collegiate and professional sports teams. Ross enjoys spending time with his wife Allison and son Weston.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Masters of Science, Computer Science, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
While at Minnesota, Ross Tredinnick’s primary research centered on combining the study of Virtual Environments and Computer Graphics with Architecture and Design. Through his work at the University of Minnesota, Tredinnick gained experience programming with a variety of Virtual Reality devices and displays such as HMD’s, tracking systems, wands, multi-projection, and dome-based displays. Since joining WID in 2012, Tredinnick has been involved in a multitude of collaborative research projects, ranging from the digital humanities to astrophysics and cultural preservation to healthcare in the home. Centered upon all of these projects is a common theme of applying virtual reality technologies to these research areas and developing computer graphics and virtual reality software to aid in answering research questions.
- Academic Staff Assembly Representative District 487
- Wisconsin Idea STEM Fellow
2012 Winners of the WARF Discovery Challenge Poster Symposium,Volumetric visualization of dynamic time varying data, Ponto, K., Roy, C. and Tredinnick, R.
- Tredinnick, R., Boettcher, B., Smith, S., Solovy, S., & Ponto, K. (2017, March). Uni-CAVE: A Unity3D plugin for non-head mounted VR display systems. In Virtual Reality (VR), 2017 IEEE (pp. 393-394). IEEE.
- Ponto, K., Tredinnick, R., & Casper, G. (2017, June). Simulating the experience of home environments. In Virtual Rehabilitation (ICVR), 2017 International Conference on (pp. 1-9). IEEE.
- Tredinnick, R.; Broecker, M; Ponto, K. Progressive Feedback Point Cloud Rendering for Virtual Reality Display. – Virtual Reality (VR), 2016 IEEE, 2016
- Patricia Flatley Brennan, Kevin Ponto, Gail Casper, Ross Tredinnick, Markus Broecker, Virtualizing living and working spaces: Proof of concept for a biomedical space-replication methodology, Journal of Biomedical Informatics, Volume 57, October 2015, Pages 53-61, ISSN 1532-0464
- K. Ponto, J. Kohlmann, and R. Tredinnick. Dscvr: designing a commodityhybrid virtual reality system. Virtual Reality, pages 1–14, 2014.
- Tredinnick, R.; Suplinski, C.; Vanderheiden, J.; Madsen, J., “CAVE Visualization of the IceCube Neutrino Detector” Virtual Reality, 2014 IEEE Conference, April 2014
- Tredinnick, R.; Ponto, K, “Say It To See It: A Speech Based Immersive Model Retrieval System” 3D User Interfaces (3DUI), 2013 IEEE Symposium on, 181-182, March 2013
- Tredinnick R.; Anderson, L.; Ries, B.; Interrante,V.(2006) “A Tablet Based Immersive Architectural Design Tool”, Synthetic Landscapes [Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA)], pp. 328-340.