Years at WID2015 - present
- B.Sc., Biotechnology, University of Madras, Chennai, India
- M.Sc., Industrial And Commercial Biotechnology, Newcastle University, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Ph.D., Max Planck Institute of Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany
Madison Microbiome Hub is a joint venture between the UW Biotechnology Center (UWBC) and the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery (WID), making use of current prowess at UWBC in sequencing and bioinformatics and WID’s strength in data storage and management. It will serve as a campus wide resource to support researchers interested in tackling a broad spectrum of microbiome related studies from investigating fundamental questions, developing new techniques and methodologies to understanding the impact of microbiome across different fields. The hub will provide a broad spectrum of services such as technical expertise (data analysis), consultation, coordinating collaborative research, data management and conducting outreach activities. Overall, by harnessing the significant research already taking place at UW, world class expertise and facilities we aim to develop the Madison Microbiome Hub as prominent center for microbiome research at UW.
- Sudakaran S, Kost C, Kaltenpoth M (2017) Symbiont acquisition and replacement as a source of ecological innovation. Trends Microbiol 25:375–390. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tim.2017.02.014
- Sudakaran, S., Retz, F., Kikuchi, Y., Kost, C., Kaltenpoth, M. (2015). Evolutionary transition in symbiotic syndromes enabled diversification of phytophagous insects on an imbalanced diet. ISME JOURNAL, 1-18. doi:10.1038/ismej.2015.75.
- Sree, K.S., Sudakaran, S. & Appenroth, KJ. (2015) How fast can angiosperms grow? Species and clonal diversity of growth rates in the genus Wolffia(Lemnaceae).Acta Physiol Plant 37: 204. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11738-015-1951-3
- Salem, H., Kreutzer, E., Sudakaran, S., Kaltenpoth, M. (2013). Actinobacteria as essential symbionts in firebugs and cotton stainers (Hemiptera, Pyrrhocoridae). Environmental Microbiology, 15(7), 1956-1968. doi:10.1111/1462-2920.12001.
- Sudakaran, S., Salem, H., Kost, C., Kaltenpoth, M. (2012). Geographical and ecological stability of the symbiotic mid-gut microbiota in European firebugs, Pyrrhocoris apterus (Hemiptera, Pyrrhocoridae). Molecular Ecology, 21(24), 6134-6151. doi:10.1111/mec.12027.